The Meaning of Agate Gemstone
Agate gemstones stem from the Chalcedony family, which comprises a unique set of microcrystalline quartz. For decades, these gemstones have been celebrated for their beauty, spiritual value, and healing properties. If you have recently stumbled across this gemstone or one of the benefits, it would be best to understand the true meaning of Agate before getting one. You will be glad to know that this stone’s meaning goes way back to the beginning of humankind.
First off, we can all agree that these stones are a work of art. Agates look incredible, especially when you see them in various shades of pink, red, purple, blue, and many other colors. There are different varieties with varying styles as well as patterns. In general, the term agate means healing and grounding. But each type of Agate has its meaning.
A Brief History of Agate
Agate gemstones are the result of the layering down of microscopic quartz fragments. It is why they are available in varying colors and patterns. For centuries, these stones have balanced mental, emotional, and physical states.
This stone can work wonders in your life. So, you have to be very careful when choosing one. Thanks to their unique mystical properties, an agate gemstone can grant your heart desires as long as you charge it with your energy and always keep it close to you.
Agate Gemstones were discovered in the Achates River in Sicily. That’s where the name Agate was coined. Despite their first discovery in Sicily, these stones can be found worldwide.
Key Properties of Agate
To understand the true meaning of Agate, you must familiarize yourself with the properties that distinguish this gemstone from the rest.
Let’s Start with the Physical Properties
You are most likely going to find Agate in igneous rocks. This gemstone can also be found in several mineral environments. It goes by the chemical formula Si02. It is a silicate with a trigonal crystal system and a hardness of 7 on the Mohs scale.
The Metaphysical Properties of Agate
If you are looking up Agate’s meaning, chances are you are more interested in the metaphysical properties. Well, you won’t be disappointed with what Agate can offer you.
This stone is packed with metaphysical properties. First, it can stabilize your aura. It does so by grounding the electromagnetic fields surrounding your body. This rock can also convert negative energies that can slow our spiritual development into positive ones.
Agate stones have also been known to have a soothing effect on one’s mind. Please note that the calming properties of Agate take some time to manifest. Wearers of Agate rocks enjoy mental clarity and enhancement in concentration, things that make you more productive.
You can carry an agate stone with you wherever you go. Whether heading to work or hanging out with friends, this stone eliminates feelings of anger, hate, or bitterness and replaces them with love, empathy, and contentment.
Types of Agate
Whether you are interested in a source of energy or the calmness of nature, there are many types of Agates to choose from. This wide variety ensures you get a stone that is perfect for you.
1. Blue Lace Agate – Characterized by cloud-like vibes and a pale color scheme, this stone offers you a boost in encouragement and willpower to speak your mind.
2. Moss Agate – Initially, this was a stone for gardeners. Today, it allows you to reconnect with nature. This Agate resembles towering trees, and it’s known to promote mind/body healing.
3. Dendritic Agate – If you want to manifest abundance in your life, this is the best Agate stone.
4. Fire Agate – This gemstone resembles a dried volcano rock. It can reignite dreams, ambitions, and passion.
5. Botswana Agate – The Botswana variety is quite beautiful. This rock is known for offering its wearer stability and a clear mind. If you face a problem, this rock can provide you with a solution.
6. Black Agate – If you have a rushing mind, this stone will replace that storm with an eternal stillness. The white Agate also offers a similar benefit. Most people combine these two to achieve high levels of calmness.
7. Brown Agate – This Agate evokes earthly energies to comfort your heart and soul. No matter how strong your emotions are, this stone will neutralize them.
8. Dragon Vein Agate – This ancient variety will guide you to conquer your dreams. The Dragon Vein should ensure you emerge victorious, whether it is a job, a life goal, or an obstacle.
Benefits of Using Agate
• First, an agate stone allows you to balance and neutralize energies. It will keep your mind and body in harmony.
• Agate stones can get you through life storms and daily tasks.
• Some stones promote mind and body healing.
• You can use Agate as your source of strength and confidence.
• These stones have also been known to uplift mood and instill peace of mind.
• Some stones, such as the Dragon Vein, fuel your body with the passion for achieving dreams and conquering life goals.
• When worn, an agate stone can boost your problem-solving abilities.
• Agates are also elixirs, and they can be used to offer physical healing.
• These stones can attract abundance in terms of wealth and health.
• Because of their ability to turn negative emotions into positive ones, these gemstones can significantly help relationships.
How to Take Care of Agate Gemstones
Now that you know the meaning of Agate, the different varieties that exist, and their benefits, it’s time to get one. As you decide on which type of Agate is right for you, you must know how to care for your precious gemstone. Agate care and maintenance aren’t tricky because gemstones are hard. Therefore, they won’t break easily.
If you want your gemstone to continue radiating positive energy, you need to clean it regularly. It can be done once or twice a month. You may be wondering, what should I use to clean an agate gemstone? The best option is to use soap and water. That does an excellent job of removing any contaminants on the stone.
You can also cleanse an agate stone by leaving it in clean water and sea salt for a couple of minutes. Alternatively, you can use sage smoke. After washing the stone, you must hold it in your hands for a while so that you can sync its vibrations with your mind and body. It is what we refer to as charging of the Agate gemstone. Remember to recharge your stone if you haven’t worn or carried it around with you for some time.
Here are some additional agate gemstone care tips;
• Store the stone in a fabric-lined box or wrap it in a soft cloth.
• Don’t wear the gemstone when cleaning, applying cosmetics, or swimming.
• Keep the stone dry during storage.
• Avoid exposing the stone to heat for long hours.
Agate gemstones have been helping people feel grounded, calm and safe for centuries. They can do the same for you. But, remember, these stones are made differently. Before getting a particular agate stone, make sure you understand its true meaning.